Steel Joints | Design According to EN 1993-1-8
The bolt forces are determined on the basis of the calculation on the FE model and evaluated automatically. The designs of the bolt resistance for the failure cases tension, shear, hole bearing, and punching shear are carried out according to the standard. All required coefficients are determined and clearly displayed by the program.
The stresses required for the weld design are also determined on the FE model. Then, the design is carried out with the partial safety factors according to the selected National Annex.
The plate design is performed plastically by comparing the existing plastic comparison strain with the allowable plastic strain (5 % according to EN 1993-1-5, Annex C, or user-defined specification).
A stability analysis (for example, local buckling) is not performed by the add-on and may have to be considered separately.
The effects due to snow load are described in the American standard ASCE/SEI 7-16 and in Eurocode 1, Parts 1 through 3. These standards are implemented in the new RFEM 6 program and the Snow Load Wizard, which serves to facilitate the application of snow loads. In addition to this, the most recent generation of the program allows the construction site to be specified on a digital map, thus allowing the snow load zone to be imported automatically. These data are, in turn, used by the Load Wizard to simulate the effects due to the snow load.
All essential results can be displayed on the FE model. The results can be filtered separately according to the respective components.
In addition, all design checks are output in tabular form, including the display of the formulas used. The result tables can be transferred to the RFEM printout report.
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- Is it possible to display the deformation analysis of a surface (limit 0.5‰)?
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- How can I optimize cross-sections within the steel design?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?