Pneumatic Roof Structure
Model to Download
Roof structure with pneumatic cushions
Model Used in
- Views 1014x
- Downloads 127x
- Updated 12/28/2020
- Size 26,13 MB
- Number of Nodes 368
- Number of Lines 179
- Number of Members 163
- Number of Surfaces 35
- Number of Solids 16
- Number of Load Cases 13
- Number of Load Combinations 7
- Number of Result Combinations 1
- Total Weight 96.355 t
- Dimensions 113,94 x 134,55 x 83,43 feet
- Program Version 5.23.00.152982
The DXF interface in RFEM exports now a 3DFACE element in the DXF file for each FE mesh cell of the exported structure. The 3DFACE element is detected by AutoCAD during import, for example, and can be displayed as a surface in the graphic. Different visual styles help display the 3DFACE surfaces in a desired view.
SHAPE-THIN Table "6.2 Classification of the Cross-Section According to EN 1993-1" and Stress Diagram
In RFEM, there is an option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 2D/3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D/3D" (RF-MAT NL add-on module required).
This functionality enables the simulation of the nonlinear strain behavior of, for example, ETFE foils.
- When generating the FE mesh of an ETFE cushion, some problems occur. I cannot find any mistake. What can I do?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- Why do I get large differences for the design of a longitudinally stiffened buckling panel in comparison with the German and Austrian National Annex?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How can I perform the stability analysis in RF‑/STEEL EC3 for a flat bar supported on edges, such as 100/5? Although the cross-section is rotated by 90° in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed as lying flat in RF‑/STEEL EC3.
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How are hot-dip galvanized components considered for fire resistance in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module?
- How is the rotational stiffness of a buckling stiffener determined in PLATE‑BUCKLING?
- In RF-/STEEL EC3, is the "Elastic design (also for cross-section class 1 and 2)" option under "Details → Ultimate Limit State" considered for the stability analysis when activated?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?