Pneumatic Roof Structure
Model to Download
Roof structure with pneumatic cushions
Model Used in
- Views 1591x
- Downloads 165x
- Updated 8 May 2021
- Size 26.13 MB
- Number of Nodes 368
- Number of Lines 179
- Number of Members 163
- Number of Surfaces 35
- Number of Solids 16
- Number of Load Cases 13
- Number of Load Combinations 7
- Number of Result Combinations 1
- Total Weight 96.355 t
- Dimensions 34.73 x 41.01 x 25.43 ft
- Program Version 5.23.00.152982
The DXF interface in RFEM now exports a 3DFACE element in the DXF file for each FE mesh cell of the exported structure. The 3DFACE element is detected by AutoCAD during import, for example, and can be displayed as a surface in the graphic. Different visual styles help display the 3DFACE surfaces in a desired view.
In RFEM, there is an option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 2D/3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D/3D" (RF-MAT NL add-on module required).
This functionality enables the simulation of the nonlinear strain behavior of, for example, ETFE foils.
- When generating the FE mesh of an ETFE cushion, some problems occur. I cannot find any mistake. What can I do?
- In RF‑/STEEL EC3, I get an error message saying that the node with a support does not exist in the set of members. What is the reason?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Is it also possible to subsequently deactivate the symbols for the FE mesh refinement in an existing graphic in a printout report?
- What is the difference between SHAPE‑THIN 9 and SHAPE‑THIN 8?
- SHAPE‑THIN calculates a very small shear area. Why?
- When calculating a connection using the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module, a message appears saying that the value is out of the valid range (existing value: 108, minimum value 100, maximum value 100). What does this message mean?
- I have a trapezoidal roof structure supported by beams. However, the moments on the beams are smaller than they should be. What could be the reason for this?
- How can I export the effective lengths from the RF‑STABILITY add-on module to Excel?
- In the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module, I have selected two bracings with the same size as the shear panel type in the "Parameters" window for a beam to be designed. Thus, the beam should be supported laterally in the middle. Why is the eigenvector arbitrary anyhow?