You can download this structural model to use it for training purposes or for your projects. However, we do not assume any guarantee or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the model.
Pneumatic Roof Structure
Model to Download
Roof structure with pneumatic cushions
Model Used in
- Views 769x
- Downloads 116x
- Updated 28 December 2020
- Size 26,13 MB
- Number of Nodes 368
- Number of Lines 179
- Number of Members 163
- Number of Surfaces 35
- Number of Solids 16
- Number of Load Cases 13
- Number of Load Combinations 7
- Number of Result Combinations 1
- Total Weight 96.355 t
- Dimensions 34.73 x 41.01 x 25.43 ft
- Program Version 5.23.00.152982
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The DXF interface in RFEM exports now a 3DFACE element in the DXF file for each FE mesh cell of the exported structure. The 3DFACE element is detected by AutoCAD during import, for example, and can be displayed as a surface in the graphic. Different visual styles help display the 3DFACE surfaces in a desired view.
Product Features Articles
In RFEM, there is an option to couple surfaces with the stiffness types "Membrane" and "Membrane Orthotropic" with the material models "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 2D/3D" and "Isotropic Plastic 2D/3D" (RF-MAT NL add-on module required).
This functionality enables the simulation of the nonlinear strain behavior of, for example, ETFE foils.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When generating the FE mesh of an ETFE cushion, some problems occur. I cannot find any mistake. What can I do?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, that is, the design against pulling out the column?
- How can I create a drilled beam in RFEM?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- How can I define a material allowance at the edge of a cutting pattern?
- For which programs is the STEEL Warping Torsion add-on module available?
- In the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module, I obtain an extremely high design ratio for a member in the case of "Biaxial bending, shear and axial force." Although the axial force is relatively high, the design ratio seems to be unrealistic. What is the reason?