You cannot download this structural analysis model because it is a customer project.
Membrane Structure with Cutting Patterns<br>
Structural model for customer project 001185 | Champagne Bar - Goodwood Racecourse, United Kingdom
The company LEICHT was awarded the design phase for the Champagne Bar’s new roof located at the Goodwood Racecourse. The planning steps included the form-finding process, the membrane and the supporting steel structure approval and design, as well as the membrane and the cable cutting patterns.
Structural Analysis and Design:
LEICHT Structural engineering and specialist consulting GmbH
Model Used in
No Download Possible
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Cable and tensile membrane structures are regarded as very slender and aesthetic building constructions. The partly very complex double-curved shapes can be found using suitable form-finding algorithms. A possible solution is, for example, to search the form via the equilibrium between the surface stress (provided prestress and an additional load such as self-weight, pressure, etc.) and the given boundary conditions.
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I get the actual member length of cables, for example, after the calculation in RF‑FORM‑FINDING?
- How is it possible to create the cutting pattern geometry for a decorative sticker on a biaxially curved membrane roof?
- Is it possible to export the form-finding results? For example in a DXF file?
- How are riggings processed in RF‑FORM‑FINDING, concerning the prestress load to be applied. Is it necessary to assign a prestressing force to the riggings?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?