NDS-2015 Member and CLT Design in RFEM
Free Online Seminar
- Modeling, loading, and analysis of CLT and timber beam structure in RFEM
- Member design according to NDS‑2015 in RF‑TIMBER AWC
- In-depth discussion of CLT analysis and design in RF‑LAMINATE
|01:07||Modeling of a timber structure consisting of CLT panels and glulam beams in the structural engineering software RFEM|
|11:30||Timber material types and material models in RFEM|
|16:07||Member hinges, standardized NDS‑2015 timber cross‑sections, member eccentricities, line supports|
|27:17||Loading the CLT structure: Creating load cases, surface loads, line loads, member loads, snow loads according to ASCE/SEI 7‑10|
|35:35||Detailed explanation of CLT analysis and design in RF‑LAMINATE|
|52:40||Result evaluation and graphical display of results|
|55:00||Allowable stress design of timber members according to ANSI/AWC NDS‑2015 in RF‑TIMBER AWC and graphical evaluation of results|
|1:01:20||Printout report including input data, results, layer diagrams|
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Timber-Timber to Timber | Design of direct timber connections according to Eurocode 5
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER SANS | Design of members made of timber according to SANS 10163 (South African standard)
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
- How is it possible to display the main support direction graphically in RF‑LAMINATE?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052
Design of timber members according to the American standard ANSI/AWC NDS
Deflection analysis and stress design of laminate and sandwich surfaces