Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Pneumatic Roof Structure
3D steel platform
3D steel hall
Truss girder made of steel with connection
Wind effect on PV tracker system
Steel structure with harmonic excitation | Technical article 001657 of the Knowledge Base
Steel plate with bolts
Knowledge Base Articles
Design of a K-hollow section node from architecturally appealing KHP sections. Notes on special features of the design.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why there are deviations when calculating the elastic critical moment Mcr according to DIN 18800‑2 and EC 3?
- I would like to perform a stability analysis of the upper flange in a long truss. What is the best way to proceed?
- I perform design in RF‑/STEEL AISC for result combinations from RF‑/DYNAM Pro and get the error message "Not designable - Null value of the critical moment on the segment." What should I do?
- What are the StandardID and AnnexID of various National Annexes for the processing using the COM interface?
- The design of my connection is not possible because of an incorrect geometry input. What can I do?
- How can I design any SHAPE‑THIN cross-section in detail in RFEM or RSTAB?
- In connection with the calculation according to Theory III. Order, I get significantly smaller deformations than when calculating according to Theory I. or II. Order. How is this possible?
- How does the activation of the precamber imperfection work?
- Is it possible to deactivate the stability analysis by member within a case in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module?
- Is it possible to also have RFEM output the area of each finite element along with its location?