Tensile Structure for "International Circus Festival of Italy"
For twenty years, the Circus Festival in Latina has been thrilling audiences with the world’s most talented artists. The International Circus Festival of Italy, founded by Giulio Montico and operated by the Montico family, has been recognized globally since the first performance. The circus tent built in Latina has made it possible to appreciate the quality of the many artists performing there.
Festival del Circo di Latina
Via Vincenzo Rossetti
04100 Latina, Italy
Studio Rota Nodari
Via M. Zanchi, 85
24022 Bergamo, Italy
New Cover S.a.S.
V.le Pier Luigi Nervi, 246
04100 Latina, Italy
Structural DesignThe membrane-covered cable structure is a temporary structure which includes eight masts as well as poles and steel cables. The floor plan is 196.8 x 118.1 ft with a covered area of 23,099.3 ft2.
The structure is covered with highly resistant polyester with polyvinyl chloride coating fabric, a special fabrication for textile structures. The middle masts are varying pipe steel cross-sections with 96.4 x 3.1 in dimensions from the ground up to a height of 26.2 ft and 88.5 in x 4.7 in dimensions to the top of the tent. The poles are 29.9 in x 1.1 in and 35 in x 1.1 in, spaced at a maximum distance of 6.5 in. The total membrane height is 43.3 ft.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
'Gulliver' Wooden Airship Above the DOX Centre for Contemporary Art in Prague, Czech Republic (© Jan Slavík, DOX)
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3