Piping Design per ASME in RFEM
Free Online Seminar
- Modelling of piping system and supporting structure in RFEM with RF‑PIPING module extension
- Define additional piping components (fittings, flanges, valves, expansion joints, etc.)
- Automatic load combination generation for piping loads
- Design of piping systems with RF‑PIPING Design
- Overview of supporting structure analysis and design
|02:07||Modelling of piping system and components in RFEM and RF‑PIPING|
|30:34||Loading of piping members|
|41:00||Design of piping members per ASME B31.1 in RF‑PIPING Design|
|55:16||Overview of supporting structure design and printout report|
Amy Heilig, PE
CEO - USA Office
Sales & Technical Support Engineer
Amy Heilig is the CEO of the USA office located in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, she provides sales and technical support and continues to aid in the development of Dlubal Software programs for the North American market.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The add-on modules RF-PIPING and RF-PIPING Design allow you to design piping systems according to EN 13480-3 , ASME B31.1 and B31.3. In the case of the European standard, the determination of pipe stresses is based on the formulas of Section 12.3 Flexibility analysis. Depending on the stress type, one or more resulting moments is applied without regard to each other. This differentiation occurs when determining the stresses due to occasional loads, for example.
Product Features Articles
- Reading and writing access to structural data, load case data, load and result combinations, and calculation results
- External control of calculation
- Possibility to open and edit available models or to create new models
- Access to all results such as deformations, internal forces, and support reactions
- Ability to intercept possible errors using error messages
- Access to control elements as well as results of the following programs:
- RF-/STEEL EC3
- RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam
- RF-/TIMBER Pro
- RF-/DYNAM Pro
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- Is it possible to analyze and design piping systems in RFEM?
- How is it possible to consider the real cross-section geometry of member elements in RWIND Simulation?
- I would like to create a ring pipeline consisting of several parts. How do I prevent the transitions from being connected?
- Is it possible to use RFEM for modeling a channel that is distorted from a rectangular cross-section to a pipe cross-section?
- Why is not possible to load the OPE combinations in the RF‑PIPING Design add-on module?
- I use rotated surfaces in my model. Now it takes a long time to open and edit the file. What can I do about it?
- I have calculated a box beam. Which surface results or surface stresses can I use to evaluate the buckling behavior of the web plates?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I am trying to import a model from cadwork. Unfortunately, I cannot correctly transfer the cross-sections from cadwork to RFEM. Do you have any tip?