Structural Analysis Software & BIM
RFEM Interface to Nemetschek Allplan (*.asf)
With the file format ASF from Nemetschek, RFEM supports a popular CAD program. You have different export options to exchange data.
Import in RFEM
You can import one or more surfaces to RFEM by using IFC files. Structural data like nodes, lines or material are exported.
For example, floor plans can be exported as DXF and displayed as background layer in RFEM.
Export to Allplan
A reinforcement determined in RF-CONCRETE can be exported with an ASF file to Allplan. Allplan displays the reinforcement contours and FEA reinforcement color images.
If the surface contains reinforcement, the FEA reinforcement color images will be adjusted, i.e. the reinforcement values of the present reinforcement are substracted from the values of the required reinforcement.
With the Allplan2Dlubal plugin of the company Allbau Software GmbH, you can generate a plate member model automatically from the Allplan model to use it in the software from Dlubal.
Non-supporting elements are ignored (however, they can be considered as loads) and supporting elements are imported to RFEM as members and plates.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
For some structures, it is necessary to design them in different configurations.
Product Features Articles
The direct interface with Revit allows you to update the Revit model according to the changes you have made in RFEM or RSTAB. Depending on the modification, the Revit objects may have to be regenerated (deleting the object and subsequent regeneration). The regeneration is performed on the basis of the RFEM/RSTAB model.
If you want to avoid this regeneration, activate the option "Update only materials, thicknesses, and sections." In this case, only the properties of the objects will be adjusted. Changes different from those in material, surface thickness, and section are, however, not considered in this case.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RF‑COM?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?
- Is there an interface between LayPLAN by Layher and RSTAB/RFEM?
- Can I define nonlinear support conditions via the COM interface?
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?
- How can I create a comment via the COM interface?