Covered Grandstand for "Swearing-in Ceremony of the Bergamo Guardia di Finanza", Italy
Studio Rota Nodari has extensive experience in civil and industrial project development. For many years, it has designed temporary and permanent steel and aluminum structures such as tensile structures, scaffolding, platforms, and prefabricated roofs for various events throughout Italy and abroad.
Accademia della Guardia di Finanza di Bergamo
Via dello Statuto, 21
24128 Bergamo, Italy
Studio Rota Nodari
Via M. Zanchi, 85
24022 Bergamo, Italy
New Cover S.a.S.
V.le Pier Luigi Nervi, 246
04100 Latina, Italy
Structural DesignThe multi-directional pipe structure is ideal for temporary events due to its easy installation and flexibility. For this project, the frame system was used to support the roof, built behind the seating area and for absorbing the concrete ballast.
The roof structure included aluminum beams, upper tension members, and a waterproof membrane. The grandstand, typically decorated for the law enforcement agency, was to be utilized by the agency's dignitaries, families, and friends attending the "swearing-in of the Guardia di Finanza of Bergamo officer cadets". This event is held annually in early May at the central Piazza Vittorio Veneto in the city of Bergamo.
Thanks to the Italian company New Cover S.a.s's organization, experience, and professionalism, it was possible to assemble the grandstand in three short days and dismantle it within 24 hours after the event's closing for quicker access to the existing public space.
Project LocationVia dello Statuto, 22,
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
In the case of open cross-sections, the torsional load is removed mainly via secondary torsion, since the St. Venant torsional stiffness is low compared to the warping stiffness.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Plate Buckling Analysis for Plates with or Without Stiffeners According to 1993-1-5
- I need to define different types of lateral intermediate restrains for a single element in RF-/STEEL EC3. Is this possible?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Design of aluminium members according to Eurocode 9