- Calculating Critical Load Factor for Linear Buckling Analysis
- Plate Buckling Analysis of Steel Shell Structures Using MNA/LBA Concept
Write a Comment...
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Frame reinforced concrete
Connection of the steel lattice girder
Steel lattice girder
Steel beam on the platform
Knowledge Base Articles
This article explains the equation solver for a nonlinear calculation with a Newton-Raphson iteration.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why is it not possible to use result combinations in RF‑STABILITY? It is possible in RSBUCK indeed.
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- After opening a duopitch roof beam from RX‑TIMBER in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed with a gap in the apex zone. Does this affect the calculation?
- Is it possible to display the results of shear forces on a member in the horizontal plane?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- RFEM cannot be started. What could be the reason for this?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- When calculating a membrane, the resulting deformation of the load case LC1 and the combination CO1 differs, although the combination CO1 only contains CO1 with the factor of 1.00. What is the reason for this?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements