Easy Geometry Adjustments of a 3D Hall: Roof Inclination and Frame Spacing
If you want to change only a few geometry parameters in a model, it is not always necessary to remove these structural parts and redefine them.
In the following example, the roof inclination and the frame spacing of a 3D hall are to be modified. Since the horizontal beams or rafters consist of several members, it would be exhausting to adjust each node to the new roof inclination. In this case, there is the "Project" option:
- Mark all the nodes of the rafters on one side of the roof.
- Select "Edit" → "Project".
- Select the projection direction.
- Determine the axis around which the roof plane is to be rotated.
- Define the angle of the new roof inclination.
- Select the eave point or the first point.
- Repeat steps 1‑6 for the other side of the roof.
To adjust a frame spacing, there is the "Scale" option:
- Mark the entire structure.
- Select "Edit" → "Scale".
- Define the scaling factor.
- Determine the direction of the scaling.
- Select the starting point.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Gerhard Rehm
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Rehm is responsible for the development of products for timber structures, and provides technical support for customers.
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
Online training | German 2 | Wed, April 29, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CEST | RSTAB - Frameworks | Online training
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- When comparing RF‑CONCRETE Columns with another design software, I get different results. How to explain the differences?
- The tables (or navigator) are not displayed despite activating the table window (or navigator). How to make them visible again?
- Why are certain model generators only displayed inactive/grayed out?
- I have problems with my printout report. The font is very large. In some cases, the columns overlap and the font is no longer legible.
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Do you have a list of FAQ in Excel, for example, to give us with an overview of the existing FAQ?
- I have imported a DXF file to RFEM. Unfortunately, the scaling of the model is not correct; it has to be reduced. How can I change the scale?
The design criterion for VEd/VRd,c is displayed as governing, although there should be a shear reinforcement designed. Also, the design of VEd/VRds is missing. Why is that?
- Which calculation method is the basis for the stability analysis in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- I obtain lifting support forces, even though the loads act in the opposite directions. How is this possible?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions