Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Competition Model "StaLOVE Challenge"
Roller Support with Seating Cleat
Steel section connection
Pneumatic Roof Structure
3D steel platform
Wind effect on PV tracker system
3D steel hall
Truss girder made of steel with connection
Knowledge Base Articles
Design of a K-hollow section node from architecturally appealing KHP sections. Notes on special features of the design.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I would like to perform a stability analysis of the upper flange in a long truss. What is the best way to proceed?
- How can I design any SHAPE‑THIN cross-section in detail in RFEM or RSTAB?
- Is it possible to deactivate the stability analysis by member within a case in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module?
- I design a set of members using RF‑/STEEL EC3. In accordance with the manual calculation, the design is fulfilled, but it cannot be performed successfully in the add-on module. Why?
- Which cross-sections can I design with the "RF‑/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections" add-on module?
- What is the difference between the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on modules?
- When entering data in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module, I get the error message "Incorrect location of the intermediate lateral restraint". Why?
- Where can I find the information about the preset limit values for a deformation analysis in the STEEL EC3 add-on module?
- How can I use springs for nodal supports in the design of sets of members in RF‑/STEEL EC3?
- I perform a stability analysis of a beam for lateral-torsional buckling. Why is the modified reduction factor χLT,mod used in the design according to DIN EN 1993‑1‑1, 6.3.3 Method 2? Is it possible to deactivate this?