Industrial Building in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence Department, France
The ALBYR Structures team was awarded the design for a new industrial hall in a high seismic activity region. The hall includes seven interior double-hinged frames with tapered beam ends as well as floor levels for offices. The columns were designed to support crane girders for a 5 ton crane.
Structural Analysis and Modeling
Since the structure is not of unusual shape or size, the ALBYR Structures team was able to model the 3D building in RFEM to generate the wind and snow loads automatically. Parametric modeling was used for all frame geometry to allow for quick changes. The engineers generated the crane load cases in Excel for direct import into RFEM. Additionally, the RFEM add-on modules RF-DYNAM Pro were used to generate seismic load cases.
ALBYR Structures also utilized the RF-STABILITY add-on module to calculate exact column effective lengths which were imported into the RF-STEEL EC3 design module. Afterwards, it was possible to verify and optimize all members with the RF-STEEL EC3 design module.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Since wind on laterally open structures is not addressed in the Eurocode, the 4 cases of the German DIN 1055 Part 4 are referenced.
The stiffness of gas given by the ideal gas law pV = nRT can be considered in the nonlinear dynamic analysis.
The calculation of gas is available for accelerograms and time diagrams for both the explicit analysis and the nonlinear implicit Newmark analysis. To determine the gas behaviour correctly, at least two FE layers for gas solids should be defined.
- I would like to extend an existing structure with a false ceiling that is not connected to the existing columns. How can I model it?
- For line releases, I obtain the resultants in the horizontal direction, which I cannot understand.
- How can I display wind speeds at a certain height above the ground for a wind comfort analysis?
- Can I also use the wind load generator for open buildings?
- When evaluating the support reactions of a plate supported by line supports, I noticed that the support reaction pz' does not correspond to the shear force and deviates significantly. What is the reason?
- How is it possible to consider the real cross-section geometry of member elements in RWIND Simulation?
- What does the 'Activate Weld Design' option mean in the detailed settings of RF-/STEEL EC3?
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Why do I obtain different results for the same end plate joint in RF‑/JOINTS Steel - DSTV and RF‑/JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Is there a way how to easily prevent RF‑SOILIN from recalculating the foundation every time the load in the governing load case is changed?
Revitalization and Extension of Supporting Structure of Stage Roof in State Playhouse Dresden, Germany
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models