Garage Pétry à ROOST
In Roost, Luxembourg, a new building complex is being built that relates to cars. Up to six car dealerships, a parking area, and a paint shop will be built on the site. The construction project was divided into two planning phases. The first phase includes three multi-story car dealerships. They have the same supporting structure.
124 R. Ste Anne
L-5471 Wellenstein, Luxembourg
Réalisation Immobilière Industrielle S.A./AG
|Structural Analysis and Construction||
SCHATZ Engineering GmbH & Co. KG
Dimensions of the car dealership
Schatz Engineering, a customer of Dlubal Software, was responsible for the structural and design engineering of the building complex. RSTAB was used for structural design, and Tekla Structures for the design engineering.
The three structurally identical car dealerships have the external dimensions (L x W x H) of about 121 ft x 92 ft x 43 ft.
The supporting structure consists of precast columns with molded foundations. Precast concrete supports are placed on column corbels. The walls were designed as concrete hollow walls. The floors and ceilings are made of precast concrete slabs. The roof structure and the façade substructure were designed as a steel structure.
BIM Planning with RSTAB and Tekla Structures
The project planning was carried out in Tekla Structures. The Tekla model was transferred to RSTAB using the direct interface. After performing the structural analysis, beam dimensions were updated in the Tekla model.
Tekla Structures was also used to create formwork and reinforcement drawings for the precast concrete elements, garage design, schemes, and NC data for the steel structure, among other things.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Linear and nonlinear analysis of reinforced concrete members with reinforcement concept
Reinforced concrete design according to the model column method (method based on nominal curvature)
Design of single, bucket and block foundations
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3