Creative Single Rotary Axis Solar Tracker System, France
Nexans Solar Technologies presents itself as an internal branch of Nexans, created in 2018 as part of the transition plan towards renewable energies, which aims at providing solutions, products and services to energy producers and investors.The solar tracker from KEYLIOS® is the first solution entirely conducted from design to manufacturing by Nexans Solar Technologies. A major contract was already signed with a prominent developer of photovoltaic projects also standing as an energy supplier providing more than 800 of these solar trackers to be established on four solar facilities located in the south-west of France.
|Design and Manufacture:||Nexans Solar Technologies|
Single Rotary Axis Solar Tracker Model Parameters, France
Nexans Solar Technologies's objectives are, among many others, to contribute to the rise of solar energy in fields and areas where such resources are hardly accessible due to hills too steep to build upon for example or foundations considered to be too expensive, even prohibited. Old landfill sites, brownfields, old quarries, extending to hilly or unstable grounds also stand as relevant examples. The solar tracker from KEYLIOS® revolutionizes the profitability of competitive solar facilities established in areas which were not considered so far to be suitable for trackers due to the exceeding installation cost.
Design and Features
A solar tracker maximizes the orientation of its solar panels thanks to its intuitive rotating system in order to have a higher energy yield as opposed to fixed solar structures.
This lightweight truss structure designed by Nexans Solar Technologies allows its establishment in areas which are considered incompatible regarding traditional trackers (hostile areas, polluted soils, unstable grounds, etc.). Such a deployment in remote or hostile areas is possible not only thanks to its pre -assembled modular design, but also thanks to its foundation system which only requires 4 support zones, defined by two foundations for the entire structure, which can be of any type. such as bored piles or concrete blocks.
Moreover, the solidity of the structure allows operations in a wide variety of climatic conditions. It also displays a remarkable resistance to strong wind and destructive aerodynamics.
Optimization and rigorous control of production costs led to the choice of RFEM Software on which the structure of the KEYLIOS® tracker was designed.
For the purpose of meeting customer's requirements and to provide a customized tracker solution, a prototype designed in RFEM was configured in order to automatically generate an end-customer model - an automated calculation process conducted according to the client's expectations.
In the basic structural model, the self -weight was entered manually on each element and the combinations involving different wind loads enabled loading decline as well as the design of components shaping the overall structure.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
"The RFEM software allowed us to accurately model the solar tracker with nonlinear calculation and the integration of very specific stiffnesses on the connections.
The RF-STEEL EC3 module, which checks the elements according to the Eurocode 3 standard, was also very useful for the optimization of the structure.
In addition, the extraction of the various parameters of the model or of the results (forces and nodal displacements) facilitated the automation of the process of modeling of the tracker and saved a considerable time.
The support provided by Dlubal was a great help in the realization of this project.
In addition to the rapid response to our questions, Dlubal was able to offer us technical solutions to improve our model."
The model is constructed by means of parameters for geometry and loads and regenerates when the parameters are changed.
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?