Structural Analysis Software & BIM
RFEM Interfaces to Rhino & Grasshopper
Rhinoceros (or Rhino) is a software for the computer-aided modelling of any objects (from the teapot to complete buildings). Due to the specialization in NURBS curves and surfaces, there are no limits to the shapes.
In combination with the Grasshopper interface, structures can be parametrized user-defined by means of a clear, visual programming interface. This makes the product package especially interesting for architects and engineers.
The interfaces to Rhino and Grasshopper are implemented by default in RFEM.
Lines as well as surfaces including openings can be exported to or imported from RFEM. The following line types can be imported and exported: line, polyline, arch, circle, ellipse, parabola as well as NURBS. Additionally, the following surface types can be imported and exported: plane, rotated surface and NURBS.
When using the interface, the Dlubal tab is activated in Grasshopper which contains three options. With the "Surfaces" option, you can add surface properties of Dlubal Software (material, thickness, surface stiffness type) for 2D models. With the "Member" option, you can add specific member properties (material, cross-section, member rotation) at imported lines and curves. The third option allows for the direct export to RFEM.
- Reading and writing access to structural data, load case data, load and result combinations, and calculation results
- External control of calculation
- Possibility to open and edit available models or to create new models
- Access to all results such as deformations, internal forces, and support reactions
- Ability to intercept possible errors using error messages
- Access to control elements as well as results of the following programs:
- RF-/STEEL EC3
- RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam
- RF-/TIMBER Pro
- RF-/DYNAM Pro
- How can I install the interface to Rhino and Grasshopper?
- Which features are available for the data exchange between Rhino and RFEM?
- Which features are available for the data exchange between Grasshopper and RFEM?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I am trying to import a model from cadwork. Unfortunately, I cannot correctly transfer the cross-sections from cadwork to RFEM. Do you have any tip?
- When importing a model directly from AutoCAD, the shape of the "spline" is sometimes incorrect.
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?