Nonlinear Buckling Analysis
Structural engineering FEA software RFEM is the basis of a modular software system. RFEM is used to define structures, materials, and loads for planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells and members. The program also allows you to create combined structures as well as model solid and contact elements.
RF-STABILITY determines buckling shapes and critical load factors of the model using the Eigenvalue Method. Therefore, it is especially suitable for linear and nonlinear analysis of stability behavior.
RF-IMP creates equivalent geometric imperfections (equivalent lateral loads) or a pre‑deformed initial model.
The structural analysis software provided by Dlubal can be seamlessly integrated into the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. A variety of interfaces allows you to exchange data from digital building models with RFEM or RSTAB.
The Belin-Béliet (department of Gironde) municipality tennis club, founded in 1976, completed a new tennis hall in July 2019. This project was made possible due to a subsidy provided by the French Tennis Federation along with the support of the municipality.
The engineering company ACS provided the full project structural analysis and design including the fabric membrane and frame structure.
The project goal for a hydroelectric power plant was to analyze the resistance of a double mechanical displacement system on rails subjected to tensile stress.
Studio Rota Nodari has extensive experience in civil and industrial project development. For many years, they have designed temporary and permanent steel and aluminum structures such as tensile structures, scaffolding, platforms, and prefabricated roofs for various events throughout Italy and abroad.
For twenty years, the Circus Festival in Latina has been thrilling audiences with the world’s most talented artists. The International Circus Festival of Italy, founded by Giulio Montico and operated by the Montico family, has been recognized globally since the first performance. The circus tent built in Latina has made it possible to appreciate the quality of the many artists performing there.
Removable guyed masts are used not only for telecommunications purposes, but also for collecting wind data in order to evaluate the profitability of a planned wind farm.
Metalúrgica Vera S.R.L. was awarded the design and construction of a new hangar structure located in Paraguay’s Silvio Petirossi International Airport for large aircraft repair and storage.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- How can I model and design general bolted connections with the surface and solid elements in RFEM?
- For design in FRAME‑JOINT Pro, I get Error No. 30011 "The selected nodes have different geometry [...]". How can I design my connection?
- How is the rotational stiffness of a buckling stiffener determined in PLATE‑BUCKLING?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, that is, the design against pulling out the column?
- For a buckling analysis, FE‑BUCKLING determines the governing shear stress of τ = 7.45 kN/cm², while RF‑/STEEL gives the result of the maximum shear stress of τ = 8.20 kN/cm². Where does this difference come from?
- When modeling a beam connection to a continuous column, I have the problem that the column flange fails under bending. If I add backing plates in the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module, nothing changes for all design ratios. Why?
- Is it possible to use one of the RFEM/RSTAB add-on modules to design a frame joint with a docked beam, stiffeners, and any number of bolt rows?
- Is it possible to design a restrained column base with stiffeners on both sides of the column in an RFEM/RSTAB add-on module?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Consideration of nonlinear material laws