Hobro Arrest Prison Scaffolding, Denmark
The scaffolding structure consists of aluminum trusses with heights varying between 1.64 ft and 3.28 ft as well as horizontal steel beams, columns, railings, and bracings. All elements are based on the PlusEight system.
BERA Stilladser A/S, Denmark
PlusEight System AB, Sweden
This structure is designed as façade scaffolding, but can also serve as a weather protection roof as well as a multi-platform structure. The weather protection roof was modeled independently while the roof loads were applied to the scaffolding structure. The scaffolding is anchored to the masonry at numerous locations. This connection further transfers the wind loads to the building.
To finalize this project, multiple RFEM features were utilized, such as nonlinear member end hinges and nodal supports. Furthermore, the RF-STEEL EC3 and RF-ALUMINUM add-on modules were utilized to design the structure according to EC 3 and EC 9. The designs were carried out according to the National Annex of Sweden.
Project LocationAdelgade 75
9500 Hobro, Denmark
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Design of aluminium members according to Eurocode 9