Renovation of an Existing Water Tower into an Office Building, Czech Republic
In 1936, a water tower holding 211,000 US gallons was built in Kladno-Rozdělov, Czech Republic. The existing and new supporting steel structures were repurposed as the new VKM a.s. administrative building.
Ing. Pavel Korejčík
Ing. Jan Mařík, Ph.D.
Ing. Jan Seifert
Water Tower Structure
The steel tower’s upper portion consists of eight main columns arranged in a regular 39 ft diameter octagon, including cross-bracing. In addition, the steel structure incorporates the auxiliary floor beams, a roof, and windows. The steel tank was placed in the area between the columns.
Description of the Renovation
Project LocationU Vodojemu, Kladno-Rozdělov
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-DSTV | Standardized connections in steel buildings according to EC 3
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross -section from the selection?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the design add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- Why are some load cases displayed in red in RF‑STEEL EC3?
- Why are the equivalent member designs grayed out in the Stability tab when activating the plastic designs by using the partial internal force method (RF‑/STEEL Plasticity)?
- Is it possible to transfer properties, such as the cross-section, or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface, of an existing element to a new element?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements