Fanggraben Railroad Bridge in Biebesheim am Rhein, Germany
The railroad bridge over the Fanggraben river is part of a manufacturing plant’s new construction in Biebesheim am Rhein.
LM BW Projekt GmbH & Co. KG
64584 Biebesheim, Germany
|Rail Siding Facility Draft||
Bauplanungsbüro M & K
08107 Kirchberg, Germany
|Bridge Structural Engineering||
Schröder + Raue
Ingenieurbüro für Tragwerksplanung GbR
08058 Zwickau, Germany
The plant, which manufactures railroad ties, required access over the Fanggraben River to the rail siding warehouse. The new railroad bridge spans the Fanggraben River at an incline angle of 63 gradians (56.7°).
Due to the limited distance between the top of rail to the top of the water height, the bridge’s supporting structure required minimal depth. A steel half-through bridge design constructed with a thick sheet metal deck without supporting transverse beams was selected.
The bridge dimensions include a 42 ft length, 37 ft span, and 16 ft clear width. The engineering office of Schröder + Raue from Zwickau utilized the RFEM finite element program to analyze and design the structure.
Project Location64584 Biebesheim am Rhein
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Visualised Planning Model of the New Plant with Pedestrian and Media Bridge (Middle) and New Factory Building (Top) (© Engineering Office Grassl GmbH)
RFEM Model of the Media Bridge with the Design Results of RF-STEEL EC3 (© Ingenieurbüro Grassl GmbH)
Extension of the RF-/STEEL Warping Erosion module | Lateral -torsional buckling analyzes of members according to the second -order theory with 7 degrees of freedom
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Tower | Hinged connections of lattice tower members according to EC 3
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross -section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?