Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Dlubal Webinar: Design of Steel Constructions according to EC 3 | Part 2: Stability Analysis, Design
Models to Download
Roller support with cleat
Triple Sports Hall in Passau, Germany
Timber Hall on Reinforced Concrete Base Plate
Canopy with Cold-Formed Steel Sections
Steel Structure with Cold-Formed Steel Sections
Steel and Reinforced Concrete Buildings
Steel and Concrete Structure
Steel Tower with Stairway Structure
Knowledge Base Articles
Design of a K-hollow section node from architecturally appealing KHP sections. Notes on special features of the design.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I determine the effective cross-section values according to EC 3 or EC 9 with SHAPE-THIN?
- I would like to perform a stability analysis of the upper flange in a long truss. What is the best way to proceed?
- The design of my connection is not possible because of an incorrect geometry input. What can I do?
- I get the following message when starting all installed Dlubal programs (also when running as administrator): "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)." What can I do?
- How can I design any SHAPE‑THIN cross-section in detail in RFEM or RSTAB?
- How does the activation of the precamber imperfection work?
- Is it possible to deactivate the stability analysis by member within a case in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module?
- In SHAPE‑THIN, I get the error message saying that the material library cannot be opened. I have reinstalled the program and integrated the material library of another computer, but without any success. What should I do?
- The calculation of a file runs smoothly for my colleagues, but I get the message "Calculation stopped" for the same file. What should I do?
- When starting the Dlubal Software programs, the error message "Server is busy" appears. My colleagues do not experience this problem. I have already tried to reinstall. What should I do?