FAQ 002517 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
The material allocation for hybrid SHAPE‑THIN cross‑sections can be easily selected in RFEM and RSTAB.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- I get the message "Existing torsion -> no stability design possible." Why does this appear and what can I do?
- I design an asymmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. As soon as I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- I have bought a new computer. How can I use my softlock license on it?
- After installing SHAPE-THIN, I receive Error 1000: Error in Material Library. How do I resolve this?
- How can I perform the stability analysis in RF‑/STEEL EC3 for a flat bar supported on edges, such as 100/5? Although the cross-section is rotated by 90° in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed as lying flat in RF‑/STEEL EC3.
- Why do I get large differences for the design of a longitudinally stiffened buckling panel in comparison with the German and Austrian National Annex?
- How can I model and design a crane runway girder with Dlubal Software?
- I am trying to manually check the deformations from the CRANEWAY add-on module. However, I obtain great deviations. How to explain the differences?