In addition to our technical support (e.g. via chat), you’ll find resources on our website that may help you with your design using Dlubal Software.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Customer Support 24/7
For this, use the "Open" command in RSTAB 7 under the "File" menu.In the "Open" dialog box, you can not see the RSTAB8 files at first because only files for the program versions RSTAB 7 (and older) are displayed.In order to be able to see all files (including the RSTAB 8 files) in a specific directory or folder, you have to change the File Type to "All Files" in the lower part of the dialog box. Then, you will also see the newer files for RSTAB 8 and can open them in RSTAB 7.Important: We do not guarantee compatibility when opening an RSTAB 8 file in RSTAB 7. Thus, it is possible that the file or the model contained in it will be damaged. The module data and the results are also deleted.Die gleiche Vorgehensweise ist auch in RFEM 4 möglich.
AnswerOne option is to select the 'File → Open' command in RSTAB 7. Then, you can display all files. Now select an RSTAB 8 file. Subsequently, it is possible to get it opened.
In general, your colleague should calculate the structure once more. This could lead to some small deviations.
If your colleague only wants to check the model, it is also possible to use the Viewer.
AnswerThis function cannot be assessed or determined at the level of the basic program. This issue is fixed at the level of add-on modules such as RF-STEEL EC3 or RF-DEFORM. The second module is generic and can be used for any rod. For more information, visit: https://www.dlubal.com/en-US/products/rfem-and-rstab-add-on-modules/others/rf-deform .
In principle, we are providing group or individual training courses for the RSTAB program family.
- As part of our group training, we can provide you with basic training as well as special Eurocode training courses. These trainings take place in our office rooms. Further information as well as current dates and prices can be found at: https://www.dlubal.com/en-US/support-and-learning/learning/group-training-at-dlubal-software
- The individual training courses are usually one-day training courses with training content specifically tailored to your needs. They can take place in our office or at your site on a date convenient to you. For more information and prices, visit: https://www.dlubal.com/en-US/support-and-learning/learning/individual-training
- The individual online training courses present a flexible and also cost-effective training option. These can be planned, as a rule, also at short notice and be oriented according to the desired topic area. Based on our experience, online training should not exceed a duration of 4 hours.
AnswerYes, that is possible in principle. However, there are some things which have to be taken into account.
- It may be useful to keep RSTAB as a license so that you can easily edit old projects in the future.
- The RSTAB models can be opened by RFEM. The structural and load data is transferred apart from a few exceptional situations. For add-on modules, reworking or a new input may be necessary due to the different data formats (RFEM requires surface and solid elements in addition to RSTAB).
- Any running service contracts must also be converted.
- As there are different product families, there is no standard price for an upgrade. We can provide you with a price information after having evaluated the relevant case. Contact our sales department, please.
The programs of Dlubal Software GmbH are subject to a continuous improvement process so that an improvement executed in this module is not unlikely over a period of about 18 years. It should be noted, however, that a design according to DIN 18800 is not up-to-date anymore, but that it is better to work with the current add-on module for steel design, i.e. RF-/STEEL EC3, according to Eurocode 3.
AnswerIf you open the hall not in RSTAB but in RFEM (create a copy of the model and change the file extension from * .rs8 to * .rf5), it will be possible to import support forces after calculating and saving. To do this, open the model of the floor slab with the "Tools" button and select "Import Support Reaction From Load."
Then, the support reaction can or must be transferred individually for each load case. The load combinations are then put together as usual using the RFEM program.
That is possible. If you select "All Files" in RSTAB 7 under "Open" for the file type, RFEM also shows RSTAB 8 files. They can be opened.
A warning message appears because it is, of course, not possible to consider features that were not contained in the older version.
Another possibility is to rename the file from * .rs8 to * .rs7 and open it directly. The warning appears even then.
This procedure is the same for RFEM.
In an older model in RFEM 4 or RSTAB 7, I designed a DuenQ cross-section or general cross-section in STEEL EC3. At that time, a cross-section class 1 or 2 was determined. Now I have opened the model in RFEM 5 and now the cross-section is only classified Class 3 or 4. What is the reason for this? Was the design more economical at the time?
AnswerThe design of general cross-sections or DuenQ cross-sections is always performed elastically in STEEL EC3, which means Since the conditions of interaction are restricted to some cross-sections, no plastic design is possible for any cross-section shapes. In RFEM 4 or RSTAB 7, however, it was possible to classify a cross-section as class 1 or 2, even though the subsequent design was carried out elastically.To eliminate this ambiguity and to create consistency, the classification has also been changed to cross-section classes 3 and 4.
The letter R in the program names RFEM and RSTAB stands for 'räumlich', which means 'spatial'. This refers to the possibility to calculate 3D models (spatial) according to the finite element method or as frame structures.
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Your support is by far the best
“Thank you very much for the useful information.
I would like to pay a compliment to your support team. I am always impressed how quickly and professionally the questions are answered. In the industry of structural analysis, I use several software including service contract, but your support is by far the best.”