Nonlinear Structural Analysis Software
The structural analysis program RFEM is the basis of a modular software system. The main program RFEM is used to define structures, materials, and loads for planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells and members. The program also allows you to create combined structures as well as model solid and contact elements.
The RF-CONCRETE NL add-on module performs physical and geometrical nonlinear calculation of beam and plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete. The RF-CONCRETE Deflect add-on module allows for analytical deformation analysis of plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete.
The structural analysis software provided by Dlubal can be seamlessly integrated into the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. A variety of interfaces allows you to exchange data from digital building models with RFEM or RSTAB.
For a project in Rotterdam, ADS Ertner used IDEA CONNECTION to analyze a structural steel connection. This program calculates steel connections utilizing the CBFEM method, where each thin-walled cross-section is modeled with nonlinear material properties, nonlinear bolts, and nonlinear welds.
Since August 2014, there has been an extraordinary new outdoor theater in Bytom, Poland.
From the structural engineering point of view, the timber structure consists of two parts (the theater stage and backstage) geometrically interconnected by a spatial-shaped roof. This gives the structure its remarkable design.
A new architectural highlight in the capital of the United Arab Emirates is the dome of Louvre Abu Dhabi.
The structure, consisting of steel, has a diameter of 590.5 ft and covers the new local branch of the Louvre Museum in Paris.
To perform renovations for the steeple of the St. Martinus parish in Kerpen, Germany, a scaffold was required. The designers had to meet a special challenge, as the frame construction had to be set up at the spire top without applying pressure anchors, which are usually used in scaffolding.
A glass pedestrian bridge with a length of 98.4 ft connects St. Michael's Hospital with the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute research center.
The supporting structure consists of several oval steel rings which are twisted together.
The Kuchlbauer tower is an architectural project built on the premises of the German brewery Kuchlbauer in Abensberg.
The tower was designed by F. Hundertwasser, who died in 2000 when the project was still in its planning stages.
A very special project was carried out in Pitigala, Sri Lanka in 2013. A suspension bridge was designed, calculated, and built by 30 students of the university team known as "Engineers Without Borders".
The 11.8-foot-long bridge across the Bentara River with was constructed with pure manpower.
A unique structure which roofs the main bus station in the Swiss town of Aarau was built at the end of 2013.
The canopy has a cloud-like shape and contains the largest single-chamber cushion in the world. It has a volume of 63,920 ft3 and a roofed area of 11,517 ft2.
A tripper car transporting material on the bridge.
The structure includes special cross-sections created in SHAPE‑THIN.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Different methods are available for calculating the deformation in the cracked state. RFEM provides an analytical method according to DIN EN 1992-1-1 7.4.3 and a physical-nonlinear analysis.
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the effect of the "Without membrane tension" stiffness type in surface properties?
- I would like to define a line support with ineffective tension and apply the tension force on this line by using a nodal support instead. Why does the line support still receive a tension force?
- Can I simulate the cracked state of a concrete cross-section for a bending beam with the "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 1D" material model?
- When defining my material, I get Warning No. 1136 and cannot continue working. How can I prevent this warning?
- I have edited the material in my model. When starting the calculation, I get an error message. What can be the reason for this?
- When entering a new material using the Diagram definition type, the first row is locked. How can I define the material?
- What is the difference between the materials Isotropic Plastic 1D and Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 1D?
- I have purchased the add-on module RF‑MAT NL, but I cannot find it anywhere.
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Consideration of nonlinear material laws
Module Extension for RF-STEEL EC3
Plastic design of cross-sections according the Partial Internal Forces Method (PIFM) and Simplex Method
Physical and geometrical nonlinear calculation of beam and plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete
Analytical deformation analysis of plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete