FAQ 002022 EN-US
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
The RF-/FRAME-JOINT Pro add-on module performs the following designs according to the standards EN 1993-1-8 or DIN 18800:
- Beam end plate and column flange according to the plastic hinge theory
- Tension of bolts (including contact forces)
- Shearing of bolts
- Tension force introduction in column web and beam web
- Buckling analysis of gusset plate
- Shear design of gusset plate
- Compression force introduction in column web and buckling design of web plate
- If required:
- Design of diagonal stiffeners
- Web stiffeners
- Supplementary web plates
- Compression force introduction in horizontal beam
- Design of welds
- When calculating a connection using the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module, a message appears saying that the value is out of the valid range (existing value: 108, minimum value 100, maximum value 100). What does this message mean?
- Where can I find the internal forces at certain nodes in the printout report?
- For design in FRAME‑JOINT Pro, I get Error No. 30011 "The selected nodes have different geometry [...]". How can I design my connection?
- When modeling a beam connection to a continuous column, I have the problem that the column flange fails under bending. If I add backing plates in the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module, nothing changes for all design ratios. Why?
- Is it possible to use one of the RFEM/RSTAB add-on modules to design a frame joint with a docked beam, stiffeners, and any number of bolt rows?
- The design of my connection is not possible because of an incorrect geometry input. What can I do?
- How can I remove a web stiffener or an end plate for the connection design in the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module?
- I copy a design case and/or select a different or further node for the design. However, the connection geometry defined in the previous design case is not transferred. Why?
- Is it possible to avoid the extended bottom when defining an end plate, and to arrange a single-bevel groove weld? If not, what is the size of the extension?
- I would like to remodel a connection using FRAME‑JOINT Pro for comparison purposes, but have problems with bolt spacings. Are there any other spacings or have I overlooked something?