In RFEM, RSTAB, and SHAPE -THIN, formulas can be used to determine a numerical value.
In addition to general mathematical operations, verification and max/min functions also are possible.
A roundup function is not included. However, this can be displayed with the available functions. The function of the Roundup parameter shown in Figure 1 rounds up the value of the Value parameter.
Sonja von Bloh, M.Sc.
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Ms. von Bloh provides technical support for our customer and is responsible for the development of the SHAPE‑THIN program.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The material allocation for hybrid SHAPE‑THIN cross‑sections can be easily selected in RFEM and RSTAB.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- The installation of a Dlubal Software program is not possible due to the following message: "Program unsafe, protection by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen." How can I install the program?
- I get the following message when starting all installed Dlubal programs (also when running as administrator): "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)." What can I do?
- In SHAPE‑THIN, I get the error message saying that the material library cannot be opened. I have reinstalled the program and integrated the material library of another computer, but without any success. What should I do?
- The calculation of a file runs smoothly for my colleagues, but I get the message "Calculation stopped" for the same file. What should I do?
- When starting the Dlubal Software programs, the error message "Server is busy" appears. My colleagues do not experience this problem. I have already tried to reinstall. What should I do?
- How can I change the design of the program interface?
- What is the difference between the dongle drivers of CRANEWAY and RFEM or RSTAB?
- Is it possible to use a cross-section from SHAPE‑THIN 9 in older versions of RFEM or RSTAB?
- Where is it possible to download the previous program versions of Dlubal Software?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Properties and stresses of thin-walled and cold-formed cross-sections