Model to Download
This model was used to show the design of the neck welds of welded I-sections and box sections.
Model Used in
The RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module can perform the design of fillet welds for all parametric, welded cross-sections of the cross-section library.
- What does the 'Activate Weld Design' option mean in the detailed settings of RF-/STEEL EC3?
- I compare the flexural buckling design according to the equivalent member method and the internal forces according to the linear static analysis with the stress calculation according to the second-order analysis including imperfections. The differences are very large. What could be the reason for this?
- I cannot see any members if the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module is selected as a "load case," why?
- To which axes refer the support rotations and support eccentricities in RF‑/STEEL EC3 Warping Torsion?
- What does the load application point in RF‑/STEEL EC3 Warping Torsion refer to?
- When designing a beam, I would like to neglect the torsion included in the stability analyses using the filters described in the Knowledge Base article #001498.I define the filter, but the torsion warning appears at the same x‑location again. Do the design internal forces change, or why is that?
What are the options in RFEM or RSTAB for determining the ideal elastic critical moment for any cross-sections and systems/loads?
Is it also possible to design flat steel (brackets, flat steel stringers of staircases)?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?