Fatigue Design According to EN 1992-1-1, Chapter 6.8
With the Concrete Design add-on, you can perform the fatigue design of members and surfaces according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Chapter 6.8.
For the fatigue design, you can optionally select two methods or design levels in the design configurations:
- Design Level 1: Simplified design according to 6.8.6 and 6.8.7(2): The simplified design is performed for frequent action combinations according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Chapter 6.8.6 (2), and EN 1990, Eq. (6.15b) with the traffic loads relevant in the serviceability state. A maximum stress range according to 6.8.6 is designed for the reinforcing steel. The concrete compressive stress is determined by means of the upper and lower allowable stress according to 6.8.7(2).
- Design Level 2: Design of damage equivalent stress acc. to 6.8.5 and 6.8.7(1) (simplified fatigue design): The design using damage equivalent stress ranges is performed for the fatigue combination according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Chapter 6.8.3, Eq. (6.69) with the specifically defined cyclic action Qfat.
- Although all the member design checks have been fulfilled, I get the "Not Covered Reinforcement" result. What is the reason?
- Can I define a different bar size in the RFEM 6 Concrete Design add-on other than the default bar sizes available in the drop-down?
- Can the RFEM 6 Concrete Design add-on automatically design member and surface reinforcement?
The structural analysis program RFEM 6 is the basis of a modular software system. The main program RFEM 6 is used to define structures, materials, and loads of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, and members. The program can also design combined structures as well as solid and contact elements.
The structural frame & truss analysis and design program RSTAB 9 contains a similar range of functions as the FEA software RFEM, paying special attention to frames and trusses. Therefore, it is very easy to use and for many years, it has been the best choice for the structural analysis of beam structures consisting of steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and other materials.
Concrete Design for RFEM 6
In the Concrete Design add-on, various designs according to international standards are possible. You can design members, surfaces, and columns, as well as perform punching and deformation analyses.
In the Concrete Design add-on, various designs according to international standards are possible. You can design members and columns.