Simplified Fire Resistance Design According to EN 1992-1-2 for Columns (Section 5.3.2) and Beams (Section 5.6)
The Concrete Design add-on provides you with the option to perform the simplified fire resistance design according to EN 1992‑1‑2 for columns (Section 5.3.2) and beams (Section 5.6).
The following design checks are available for the simplified fire resistance design:
- Columns: Minimum cross-sectional dimensions for rectangular and circular sections according to Table 5.2a as well as Equation 5.7 for calculating time of fire exposure
- Beams: Minimum dimensions and center distances according to Table 5.5 and Table 5.6
You can determine the internal forces for the fire resistance design according to two methods.
- 1 Here, the internal forces of the accidental design situation are included directly into the design.
- 2 The internal forces of the design at normal temperature are reduced by the factor Eta,fi (ηfi), and then used in the fire resistance design.
Furthermore, it is possible to modify the axis distance according to Eq. 5.5.
- Although all the member design checks have been fulfilled, I get the "Not Covered Reinforcement" result. What is the reason?
- Can the RFEM 6 Concrete Design add-on automatically design member and surface reinforcement?
- Can I define a different bar size in the RFEM 6 Concrete Design add-on other than the default bar sizes available in the drop-down?
Concrete Design for RFEM 6
In the Concrete Design add-on, various designs according to international standards are possible. You can design members, surfaces, and columns, as well as perform punching and deformation analyses.
In the Concrete Design add-on, various designs according to international standards are possible. You can design members and columns.