Saving Parameterized Model as Block
Tips & Tricks
The parameterized input provides the engineer with an efficiency -increasing tool. It allows you to enter the structural and loading data in such a way that they depend on certain variables. These variables (for example, length, width, traffic load, etc.) are called parameters.
They are set up in a list of parameters. The parameters can be used in formulas to determine a numeric value. To modify these formulas, use the formula editor. If a parameter is changed in the parameter list, the results of all formulas using this parameter are adjusted and the linked model geometry, loading, etc. change automatically.
If you save the parameterized structure as block, the parameters are kept and become available as variable values in the later import of the block.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Frank Sonntag, M.Sc.
Sales & Customer Support
Mr. Sonntag coordinates the Dlubal Software office in Leipzig and is responsible for sales and customer support.
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
Designed with the FEA Software RFEM 3 | I am constantly impressed by the range of its capabilities/flexibilities that Dlubal offers | Design Manager Hünnebeck
FEA Software RFEM & Structural Analysis Software RSTAB | Video Tutorial | Creating and Importing Blocks
Online Training | German 2 | Mi, 29. April 2020 | 8:30 - 12:30 MESZ | RSTAB - Stabwerke Online-Schulung
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How is it possible to add or remove tables in the printout report?
- The display of result values is too inaccurate. Where can I set to see more result values for member internal forces?
- How do I apply prestress to tension members?
- I have numeric stiffnesses of my members. How can I assign the stiffnesses to a member without having to create a notional material and a cross-section?
- I have bought a new computer. How can I use my softlock license on it?
- How do I install the network license (USB dongle) on the server?
In my Dlubal Software programs, I have a problem that the umlauts and special characters cannot be displayed. How can I change that?
- Can I also use the load generator for the members that do not rest in one plane?
- How is the friction set on a member hinge via the COM interface?
- Is it possible to keep the results from RWIND Simulation when deleting the FE mesh if I only adjust materials or support conditions?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions