Stadium La Montura, Chile
A roof made of steel and fabric membranes was designed for the football stadium in San Bernardo, a city in the south of Santiago. The elegant, curved design in lightweight construction now also covers the standing area.
Espacio cubierto S.A.
Ing. Ernesto Hernandez Muñoz
FHS Ingeniería Estructural Ltda.
The main structural elements, such as arches and bracing curve members, are made of steel and have a total span of ~ 241.1 ft between the concrete pile supports. The cladding system consists of a series of tensioned fabric membranes with a width of ~ 10.5 ft, which span a length of ~ 23 to 42.7 ft and are surrounded by corner cables.
This roofing system creates a transparent picture of the roof while protecting spectators from the effects of the weather.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Drawing Section with top View (top) and Section Through the Roof (Bottom, © FHS Ingeniería Estructural Ltda.)
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures