FAQ 003547 EN-US
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- I would like to calculate the results, such as ordinates, static moments, stresses, at a specific location of a cross-section. What should I do?
- How can I calculate stresses in SHAPE‑THIN?
- Is it possible to use a cross-section from SHAPE‑THIN 9 in older versions of RFEM or RSTAB?
- How does the calculation of the moments of inertia differ when the cross-section consists of several unconnected or connected partial cross-sections?
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- When determining the effective cross-section properties according to EN 1993‑1‑1, EN 1993‑1‑5, or EN 1999̩1‑1, SHAPE‑THIN displays a warning message saying that the effective widths are only determined for straight elements. What does it mean?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Can the reduction of strength in the heat affected zone (HAZ) be taken into account in the RF-/ALUMINUM add-on module?
- The design ratio of the cross-section check is different for the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. What is the reason?
- What is the meaning of the warning message ER061) Minimum amplifier of design loads <1?