Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
This time, we want to look at modeling downstand beams by means of ribs.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- I can not calculate members with double rectangular cross-sections and linearly variable cross-section height in the HolzPro add-on module. What is the reason?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- After the design with RF‑/TIMBER Pro, I optimized a cross-section. Why is the utilization of the optimized cross-section exceeded now?
- Is it possible to design the support pressure or the compression perpendicular to the grain in RX‑TIMBER?
- Why are the stresses of the 90 ° orientation not displayed in RF-LAMINATE for a layer with the orthotropic direction 90 ° for σb, 90?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I run the RX‑TIMBER Frame plugin? I did not find it in the Add-on Modules menu nor in Project Navigator - Data.
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements