Modal Analysis - Minimum Initial Strain
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
RFEM 6 includes the Form-Finding add-on to determine the equilibrium shapes of surface models subjected to tension and members subjected to axial forces. Activate this add-on in the model's Base Data and use it to find the geometric position in which the prestress of lightweight structures is in equilibrium with the existing boundary conditions.
Membrane Roof and Cable Net Structures, Deformation Animation in RFEM with RF-FORM-FINDING Add-on Module.
Compared to the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module (RFEM 5), the following new features have been added to the Form-Finding add-on for RFEM 6:
- Specification of all form-finding load boundary conditions in one load case
- Storage of form-finding results as initial state for further model analysis
- Automatic assignment of the form-finding initial state via combination wizards to all load situations of a design situation
- Additionally form-finding geometry boundary conditions for members (unstressed length, maximum vertical sag, low-point vertical sag)
- Additional form-finding load boundary conditions for members (maximum force in member, minimum force in member, horizontal tension component, tension at i-end, tension at j-end, minimum tension at i-end, minimum tension at j-end)
- Material type "Fabric" and "Foil" in material library
- Parallel form-findings in one model
- Simulation of sequentially building form-finding states in connection with the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) Add-On
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF-FORM-FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?