Easy Geometry Adjustments of 3D Hall: Roof Inclination and Frame Spacing
Tips & Tricks
If you want to change only a few geometry parameters in a model, it is not always necessary to remove these structural parts and redefine them.
In the following example, the roof inclination and the frame spacing of a 3D hall are to be modified. Since the horizontal beams or rafters consist of several members, it would be toilsome to adjust each node to the new roof inclination. In this case, there is the “Project” option:
- Select all nodes of the rafters on one side of the roof.
- Click “Edit” → “Project.”
- Define the projection direction.
- Determine the axis around which the roof plane is to be rotated.
- Define the angle of the new roof inclination.
- Select the eave point or the first point.
- Repeat the steps 1‑6 for the other roof side.
For the adjustment of a frame spacing, there is the “Scale” option:
- Select the entire structure.
- Click “Edit” → “Scale.”
- Define the scaling factor.
- Determine the direction of scaling.
- Select the starting point.
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.