Sporting Venue in Donzère, France
To meet the needs of its citizens, the city of Donzère decided to build a sports hall on a large triangular island, at the foot of the historic village. The new structure, dedicated to local schools and clubs, created the opportunity for sporting event practices and competitions.
City of Donzère, France
Tekhne Architects, France
Arch'Eco Architects, France
|Timber Construction and Additional Calculations||
The building is divided into two parts. The first part houses the gymnasium while the second includes the fitness studio, dojo ring, and administrative offices.
Two large truss beams with a wooden lattice, also known as mashrabiya style, are placed at the height of the vertical window panels allowing for natural light throughout the gymnasium. The beams include a clear span of 146 ft 12 in over the gymnasium auditorium. The upper and lower truss chords are BLC 25.82x103.34 in beams oriented flat, while the truss web includes BLC 5.51x7.87 in compression members and
Project Design Engineers and Calculation Tools
The engineering company Arborescence in collaboration with the engineering company CBS-CBT utilized RFEM to analyze the structure and RF-DYNAM Pro to perform the seismic analysis.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
- How is it possible to display the main support direction graphically in RF‑LAMINATE?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Module Extension for STEEL EC3 and RF-STEEL AISC
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member models
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis