FAQ 002403 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
For the design of concrete surfaces, the rib component of the internal forces can be neglected for the ULS calculation and for the analytical method of SLS calculation, because this component is already considered in the member design. To this end, select the check box in the ‘Details’ dialog box. If no rib was defined, this function is not available.
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- Why do I get such a small amount of reinforcement for the upstand beam? The amount of reinforcement for the downstand beams is significantly larger.
- Is the preset crack width of, for example, wk = 0.3 mm also designed for primary cracks? According to the manual, the average strain is considered. Does this ensure that the primary crack does not exceed the value wk = 0.3 mm?
- Can I design a reinforced concrete structure according to ÖNORM in RFEM?
- How can I design a ribbed plate in state II with RF‑CONCRETE NL and use the stiffness export from the add-on modules for this?
- Can I define a beam with a specific reinforcement in RFEM and then obtain design of this reinforcement with the utilization?
- Is it possible to enter and design a reinforced concrete surface with a reinforcement layer in the center of the surface?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- How can I deactivate displaying symbols for the FE mesh refinement?
Module Extension for RFEM
Extension of the modules for reinforced concrete design by the Eurocode 2 design
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)