Customized Aluminum Structure for the Chinese TV Station Jiangsu TV
At the request of Dutchrigger BV, T&E Support performed the structural analysis for an aluminum structure used in the Chinese TV station Jiangsu TV’s New Year's Eve show.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
In addition, T&E Support was also responsible for supervising the installation. They utilized the finite element program RFEM and the RF-ALUMINUM add-on module to calculate and design the 3D model.
The show’s stage concept was modeled after a drop of water symbolizing sweat of struggle and tears of joy. The structure also resembled a water drop and was motion-controlled. Twelve ring-like structures utilizing circular trusses were fully equipped with entertainment technology in order to transform into various shapes to match the stage performance.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The Aluminum Design Manual (ADM) 2020 was released in February 2020. The ADM 2020 gives guidance for both the allowable strength design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD) for aluminum members to ensure reliability and safety for all aluminum structures.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- In connection with the calculation according to the large deformation analysis, I get significantly smaller deformations than for the calculation according to the linear static or second-order analysis. How is this possible?
- I have performed a buckling analysis in RF-ALUMINUM. Where can I find the parameters that the module uses for the design?
- I would like to calculate the results, such as ordinates, static moments, stresses, at a specific location of a cross-section. What should I do?
- How can I calculate stresses in SHAPE‑THIN?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of aluminium members according to Eurocode 9