Customized Aluminum Structure for Jiangsu TV Station, China
At the request of Dutchrigger BV, T&E Support performed the structural analysis for an aluminum structure used in the Chinese TV station Jiangsu TV’s New Year's Eve show.
Utrecht, the Netherlands
In addition, T&E Support was responsible for supervising the installation. They utilized the RFEM finite element program and the RF-ALUMINUM add-on module to calculate and design the 3D model.
The show’s stage concept was modeled on a drop of water, symbolizing the sweat of struggle and tears of joy. The structure also resembled a drop of water and was motion-controlled. Twelve ring-like structures utilizing circular trusses were fully equipped with entertainment technology in order to transform into various shapes to match the stage performance.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The Aluminum Design Manual (ADM) 2020 was released in February 2020. The ADM 2020 gives guidance for both the allowable strength design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD) for aluminum members to ensure reliability and safety for all aluminum structures.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Can the reduction of strength in the heat affected zone (HAZ) be taken into account in the RF-/ALUMINUM add-on module?
- SHAPE‑THIN calculates a very small shear area. Why?
My member is oriented at the inclination of principal axis when I import from SHAPE-THIN to a 2D RFEM model. How do I fix this?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of aluminium members according to Eurocode 9