Parametrization of Rolled Cross-Sections
Rolled sections, the most common cross‑section type in RFEM and RSTAB, can also have user‑defined parameters. To do this, select the cross‑section to be modified in the cross‑section library and click the [Parametric Input...] button.
A dialog box appears where you can adjust the parameters and confirm with [OK]. If you want to change the parameters afterwards, you can do it directly within the cross‑section description or in Table 1.13.
Another very effective and helpful option is the use of parameters from the Parameters list, taking into account cross-section parameters. Any variables can be created in this list, also by using formulas with reference to other variables or by reading out cross-section parameters as described.
This way you can model, for example, a taper length depending on the cross-section height used in the structure.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Frank Sonntag, M.Sc.
Sales & Customer Support
Mr. Sonntag coordinates the Dlubal Software office in Leipzig and is responsible for sales and customer support.
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
Do you have further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum, or find suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page, available 24/7.
In RF-/FOUNDATION Pro, the foundation design requires the definition of the corresponding loading (load cases, load combinations, or result combinations) for different design situations (STR, GEO, UPL, or EQU).
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- I am designing a set of members using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment".What could be the reason?
- How can I display the internal forces in the global coordinate system and not in the principal coordinate system of the cross-section?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- I am designing a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program using the design add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General". What can I do?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of selected load cases only?
- Why are the equivalent member designs grayed out in the Stability tab when activating the plastic designs using the partial internal force method (RF‑/STEEL Plasticity)?
- Is it possible to calculate with American steel cross-sections?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions