We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 004335 | RFEM shows a warning message saying that the intersection is not defined correctly. How can I avoid this?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionRFEM shows a warning message saying that the intersection is not defined correctly. How can I avoid this?
This warning might be caused by overlapping surfaces, which may occur when modelling one solid to another, for example (see Figure 01).
In order to avoid the overlapping surfaces, an opening is required here. After defining the opening, also check if the definitions of the solids have to be corrected.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Utilizing the RF-STEEL AISC add-on module, steel member design is possible according to the AISC 360-16 standard. The following article will compare the results between calculating lateral torsional buckling according to Chapter F and eigenvalue analysis.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is it possible to calculate and design "temporary structures"? What do I need for this?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- In the filter settings for the values on surfaces, you can display a certain range of results and hide the rest. How can I hide a certain range of values and display the rest?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber reinforced concrete with the structural analysis program RFEM?
- How is the position of the additional reinforcement considered in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces when determining hc,ef?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
- For the direction of internal forces, I have four options under the "Grouped" selection box to smooth the internal forces. Which grouping should I choose here?
- I have modeled two nodes on a surface in RFEM. The results do not show the displacement at these two nodes. How can I obtain it?